Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where I'm From

I am from barefeet, from a dead end road and summers that seemed to last forever.

I am from the sunshine.

I am from the oak trees, the rough grass and the wildflower necklaces.

I am from beach reunions and pig pickins, from Brittian and Edith and Marilyn.

I am from the big laughers and people who can’t say “no.”

From, “you can have anything you want princess” and ”don’t eat that it’ll make your babies be born neked!”

I am from the love light of Jesus, and the amazing joy and grace that only He can bring.

I'm from Jamestown by way of Greensboro, country fried steak and hot dog-and-cheese sandwiches.

From the snow days sledding down the big hill, the walk to school and the green shag carpet in my home.

I am from disposable cameras and bargain box shopping. From being involved in every aspect of a church I loved and still love. From too many Barbie dolls and a backyard tree house. From swinging in the hammock and riding bikes until we couldn’t see the road.

I am from a family who loves me with all they have and whom I love more than I know how.

1 comment:

B. Frye said...

Hey Katey,
What a pleasure to read where you're from! It sounds like you have many blessings : ) My favorite line is, "From swinging in the hammock and riding bikes until we couldn’t see the road." I know what that is like. Thanks for sharing!